Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Halloween, Monterey, Jess Birthday and more!

Kaylie loved Halloween this year! She was a cute little pumpkin and she loved wearing the costume! It was even cuter hearing her say "pumpkin" and "treat" for trick-or-treat. We went to a Church Halloween Party one day and then we went trick-or-treating with her on our block on Halloween night.

Halloween Parade

Kaylie & Jessica

Getting Ready to Trick-or-Treat

Trick-or-Treating on our block

Trying a lollipop the next day

Here are some pictures of Kaylie at the park near the library.


My family decided to do a last hoorah! vacation before Jeff leaves on his mission. Jon has moved to Oregon already and Jacob will soon go off to school as well, so we decided while we are all mostly in the area we would take a trip to Monterey, CA as a family. Marcus and I decided that we would leave Kaylie with Marcus's parents so they could have some time alone with her and so we could be free to do whatever the family is doing instead of worrying about naps and bedtime. SO, my parents, all my brothers, and Marcus and I stayed at this beach house in Monterey from November 9-12th and we had a blast! The location was a block away from the ocean and we were able to spend a lot of time together. (Slideshow of pictures is to the right. Can't figure out how to get it in my post. any ideas?)

Here are some pictures of Kaylie playing outside with Uncle Jason.  I also celebrated my 25th birthday this month! Marcus took care of Kaylie in the morning, so I got to sleep in and then he made me some breakfast! The rest of the day consisted of shopping, signing a lease for our new apartment, and then celebrating with family in the evening. I had a great day!

New gloves and beanie from Lola Jankowski!

Shooting hoops with uncle Jason!

Family Picture on my birthday

Blowing out candles!

Some of the things I got for my birthday


We are in Modesto right now for Thanksgiving week, so I will share pictures in another post. Kaylie is 20 months old now and just talking up a storm. She can say so many words now! My favorite sayings are: "read da book", and "play wit me". She says a lot of new words now too: a drawn out "Ooooh", "reach", "please stop", she tries to say everyone's names, and she can count to 10! She pretty much tries to mimic everything we say - so we are at that phase where we have to be a little more careful. Kaylie is such a happy girl! Her energy and excitement brings joy to us every day! We are excited for this next month when we move into our own apartment and we are happy to be on vacation! Until next time...


1 comment:

Jankowski said...

Dan and I are enjoying the time we spent with your family!